What's new in San Francisco Bay Area Arts? This section will be updated to include interesting happenings within Artists Moving and the wider art world. We'll also be profiling up and coming artists to watch as well as the most interesting local established artists.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Abstract Art with belt sander






Already a drawing a day is pushing me to expand my techniques and style.   The simple process of putting pastel on black and white photos is working well-- but I had to start painting abstractly or I was going to go crazy.   So here we have layers of metallic paint--  I each layer down before adding another one to provide the textured background.    I actually made the background for this blog using that technique. 
 
                                                                              I'm still thinking about adding layers to the second picture shown here.   Let me know what you think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment