What's new in San Francisco Bay Area Arts? This section will be updated to include interesting happenings within Artists Moving and the wider art world. We'll also be profiling up and coming artists to watch as well as the most interesting local established artists.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Real Contrasts" series at 111 Minna and Spring Open Studios

These are two images from a "new series" that I'm working on which combines photos with painting.  I had to crop these in order to upload them to the site, but they're on the wall at Art Explosion.

I'm pretty excited about working in this style right now.  I think the contrasts that come out in these pictures represents my impression of the world when it's most vivid for me.    I also think there's a lot that can be done combining the two mediums, and I'm letting the photos do some of the work rather than overpainting detail.   Soon I'll be uploading more of these into the gallery page of this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment